Did You Get Engaged Over the Holiday Season?

Did You Get Engaged Over the Holiday Season?

Something about the holidays brings out the romance in people. Scrolling through your social media feeds, amongst the pictures of dogs playing in the snow and glistening Christmas trees, chances are you see quite a few engagement pictures as well! Apparently, there’s no time like the holidays to ask someone to spend the rest of their life with you.

If you fall into that engagement category, congrats! Getting engaged is an exciting time and with it comes the joy of planning a wedding. Many people complain that it’s stressful, but honestly planning your big day is fun too! You get to pick a venue, dress, decorations, and add special touches that will make it a day to remember. While sorting through linens and invitation samples, don’t forget to consider the official part of the wedding, the actual getting married part.

You might not realize it, but there are some formalities that need to be completed when you get married. One of those, is getting your marriage license signed by your officiant. To do that, you’ll need to apply in advance for a marriage license at your local courthouse or government office. The application process is simple enough, but there are some documents you will need to bring with you.

Official Documents Required

Depending on the state that you are getting married in, you will need a form of ID, Social Security Card or Number, Proof of Address, and a form of payment. Some states also require that you have your birth certificate, and if you’ve been married before, an official copy of your divorce decree. Sounds easy enough, but what if you can’t find your birth certificate or divorce decree?

Don’t Freak Out, Certified Field Agent Can Help!

If you can’t locate certain documents that are required to file for a marriage license, it’s okay! Take a deep breath and don’t start making phone calls to cancel your wedding just yet. Certified Field Agent is a company with an experienced network of document retrieval specialists. We are able to track down records of all types, ranging from legal and medical to financial. If you need to track down documents in a hurry before your wedding, don’t worry. Certified Field Agent has the experience necessary to get the job done in a timely and professional manner.

Are you ready to get help from the document retrieval experts at Certified Field Agent?

At Certified Field Agent, we have a global network of experienced document retrieval specialists. We offer assistance throughout the globe tracking down legal, financial and medical documents. If you need us to help locate a birth certificate or divorce decree so you can apply for your marriage license, we are happy to help! Just give us a call at 714-632-3480, or visit Certified Field Agent to learn more about what we offer.