Did You Know That Certified Field Agent Can Help With Your Wedding This Summer?

Did You Know That Certified Field Agent Can Help With Your Wedding This Summer?

It’s almost summer and that means the wedding bells will soon be ringing. Hands down, summer is one of the best seasons to get married. The grass is green, birds are chirping, and the weather is nice enough to take pictures without shivering or grimacing throughout. Now that summer—and your wedding—are drawing nearer, have you been checking items off your wedding to-do list?

Do you have your wedding checklist complete?

Planning a wedding is no easy feat. In fact, your wedding checklist is probably long and feels like it’s never ending. You have to choose the menu, pick out your invitations, and address them one by one. Even addressing the inning wedding invitation envelope can seem overwhelming, but it will be worth it in the end when you finally get to marry your significant other.

As the day draws closer, have you started checking things off your list? If so, don’t forget some of the more obscure things. Some things people forget about, are taking pictures of centerpieces that need to be assembled so the event planner knows what they’re working with. You should also book the rehearsal dinner in advance and let your bridal party know via invitation well in advance so they can make travel plans and book accommodations. Making sure you have labeled envelopes with tips for your bartenders, DJ, photographer and any other vendors ahead of time will also save you from scrambling.

Finally, the one thing people often forget to handle, is securing their marriage license before the wedding. In fact, you should do it at least a week in advance in case you run into any issues.

What is the process to apply for a marriage license?

The marriage license process varies by state, but follows generally the same guidelines. One or both of you will need to visit the city or town clerk at least 24 hours before the wedding to apply for the marriage license and you will need proof of your age and identity. In many states a driver’s license or passport will work, although some states require a copy of your birth certificate. If you have been married before, you might also need a certified copy of the Decree of Divorce or a Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage depending on the state. If approved, the marriage license is typically good for between 30 and 60 days, during which time you will need to get married.

What happens if you can’t find your divorce decree or birth certificate?

At Certified Field Agent, we know the stress of planning a wedding and we want to make the process easier. That’s why we offer our document retrieval services to couples applying for a marriage license that cannot find certified copies of their birth certificates or divorce decrees. We have a national network of retrieval specialists that will track down what you need and make the process fast and easy for you. If you need help tracking down any official documents, call us today at 714-632-3480 to get started.